May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Wednesday 30 August 2017

That was Then and This is Now

Today I didn’t work in the hospital, and decided to take the day off since I wasn’t feeling well. I definitely don’t want to pass anything along to anybody in Maternity or the premie who just came in a few days ago. Instead I stayed home and cleaned up the house a bit. 

About mid-morning three children came to my door. Two boys and a girl. I didn’t recognize them at first, but then I suddenly realized who they were. 

These were the kids I had practically lived with for weeks on end, carefully changing dressings and giving NG tube feedings in the post-op ward where we all felt like family. Bouan was the kid who I held in my arms and cried when the doctors said he probably wouldn't survive. 

He spent a long time at the hospital when I was here in 2013. He had serious intestinal problems, severe malnutrition and almost died. I took care of him for several months and watched as God slowly healed him.

Today, three and half years later, I had the blessed opportunity to see him again. 

Look at the difference from before and now...




He's the one in the middle


4 comments:

Margaret Barry said...

Wow! Kate, that is SO amazing!!! Praise the Lord!

Unknown said...

Beyond happy! Wow Kate! No words!

Unknown said...

Beyond happy! Wow Kate! No words!

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord!!!