May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 1 September 2017

No Such Thing As Privacy

We live at a hospital. Or in a hospital. I’m not sure exactly which. Our house is right next to the post-op wards. That means we can see everything that goes on there, but it also means that all the patients, family members and visitors have a perfect view of our house, front door, clothesline and bathroom shed. The only place that is private and out of sight is the chicken yard, which is a fence of tall bamboo stems with a wooden door. I kind of like the chicken yard.

Anytime I wash dishes (which I do at the outdoor faucet usually) or do laundry, or go in and out of the house, everyone can see me. They can see everything that goes on, and the neighbors have a constant flow of people as well. Usually there are people hanging out in our front yard. 

I am getting used to it. I love my neighbors, and my house is just about perfect. I have felt more and more at home here as the weeks pass. It almost feels like I’ve been here a long time, and that I’ve known everyone forever.


The other night we had a party just for fun, and enjoyed eating dinner and playing games with a lot of our friends who work at the hospital. So we don't get much time to ourselves, and life is chaos a lot of the time, but it's wonderful and it’s pretty much like being with family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs and kisses for Molly.

Unknown said...

Hugs and kisses for Molly.