May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Saturday 22 June 2013

Contrasts


Life here is full of contrasts. Hope and despair. Poverty and plenty. Joy and sorrow. It rains. I walk in the rain, mourning with those who mourn. The sun shines. I hang up laundry to dry. It rains again. Rain makes the flowers grow.


One moment I see this:





















Another moment I see this:
















In the morning I'm playing with some kids, laughing with them and having a great time. In the afternoon I'm riding in a truck crowded with people crying their hearts out because their mom just died. One hour I'm enjoying the entertaining process of teaching English, another hour I'm standing in the emergency room in the middle of pain and suffering. In the morning I'm dragging my feet to get out of bed because I'm so tired. In the afternoon I'm helping bandage feet ruined by leprosy. 

Life here is full of contrasts.

No comments: