May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Monday 24 June 2013

Jour Ferrier



We had a holiday, so we made the most of it and had a big pizza party. This probably wouldn't have happened without the big block of cheese James brought up from Brazzaville for us. You can't get cheese here but somebody found butter in the market the other day, so that was a nice surprise!

It was totally different from our Moot Hall pizza parties at home, but it was still quite an experience. Altogether it took us six hours to make everything. We were feeding about 18 people and doing everything as well as we could, but this is Africa…so it took a lot of time. The outdoor oven came into use again for baking all the pizzas and I made the dessert.

We also had corn which the neighbors brought over and the chocolate cake was in honor of Dr. Laura. There was plenty of food for everyone and one of the girls ate more than I've seen anyone ever eat. I think she got full for the first time in her life.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!