May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 28 January 2022

This is the Day

While my two-year-old lay on the couch, completely wiped out by malaria, she started feebly singing “this the day...this the day...” It nearly brought me to tears.
Here she is taking her painful injections like a champ, saying “I’m tough!” afterwards and cheering her baby sister on to take her medicine. “Baby so brave!”
Meanwhile I’m cleaning vomit off sheets and throwing out potty loads of diarrhea and my very sick little girl is encouraging her sister and trying to remind me that “this is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

1 comment:

Abby said...

Wow, Kate. That made me cry. Thank you for sharing that. It was especially neat to read that and then see Molly "practicing" giving herself shots with a smile on her face. My 2 year old niece has a harder life than I do in many ways. I am encouraged to remember that truth from God's word shared by Molly! Thank you.