May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Settling in

We are getting used to life here again. Molly is doing much better and is starting to enjoy the new sights and people. We are still not getting much sleep but I have hopes that will improve. Life is relaxed and I don't feel rushed to do anything. There's a lot of work to do but it is manageable and slow-paced. It's so good to be back in Africa!
Eileen is 7 months now!
We have taken some short walks around the neighborhood. The next door neighbors have a calf, guinea hens and chickens. The calf is quite loud and scared Molly at first but she seems to like it now.
Molly has almost completely gotten over her fear of small bugs and flies. She enjoys doing laundry with me so much and loves playing in the water! Pretty much anything with water makes her happy.
Orcxance got some mangoes which we really enjoyed! Our neighbor made us a delicious West African meal during our "quarantine."
I have been treasuring the moments with Orcxance; laughing at and with Eileen, who is a very jolly baby. Talking quietly together in the middle of the night, watching Molly slowly warm up to him. Sharing meals together, just being together after waiting so long. I feel like I'm whole again. I can finally relax, and life seems like it's returned to normal.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I am so thankful that you all are home! Thanks so much for the pictures.