May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Thursday 29 March 2018

We’re the Noble Lads of Canada

The Noble Lads of Canada have arrived.

They are good at fixing things, balancing on tin roofs, riding bikes while carrying lots of stuff, and playing my kind of music. There are three of them. One of them is a cowboy, who lives with a large herd of siblings, and an even larger herd of cows. The other lads do construction and run lumber companies, and somehow survive heaps of snow.

So of course I have lent my fiddle out, and gotten a little homesick listening to my “village music” on Sunday evenings. And did I mention they are helping us a lot?

"O now the time has come, boy boys, to cross the Yankee's line,

We remember they were rebels once, and conquered John Burgoyne.

We'll subdue those mighty Democrats, and pill their dwellings down,

And we'll have the States inhabited with subjects to the crown.

We're the noble lads of Canada, come to arms, boys, come!