May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Last Mundele Left

For the past week I have been the only white person at the hospital, and will be for at least the next few weeks - maybe longer. We are expecting another long term missionary to join in January, and another short termer to come in January as well. But for now - it’s just me!


Mama Sarah is still here - but she lives three miles down the road at the mission station. 

Although it is impossible to forget that I am a mundele (constant daily reminders are unavoidable), it actually doesn’t feel that strange. I am progressing toward becoming "adapted" to life here and for the most part, I am thankful and content. Of course there are always those days... but usually I go about my work, rarely speak English, occasionally lock myself in the house for privacy, and continue to “do the next thing.” 

I do dozens of prenatal checkups each week, which includes counseling, education, giving out Bibles and occasional arguments with difficult husbands. I like to think that I'm getting quite good at starting IVs, putting NG tubes in and of course placing urinary catheters. This week I learned infant intubation. And no they did not teach that to us in nursing school. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

So proud of you!