May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Thursday 21 December 2017

Change of Plans

Thursdays are supposed to be my “day off.” That means I clean the house, do laundry, wash dishes, run errands, visit patients in town and occasionally watch a movie by myself. Today the emergency room nurse, Leonard, who had worked the night shift, came to my door at 7:30 asking for me to come translate for morning report. The translator had failed to show up. Again. 


Trying to have a good attitude, I went and translated…and then there was rounds in the Emergency wards. And then there was a C-section. And then….well the day just got used up much too quickly. And I didn’t have time for any of my regular things. And tomorrow I’m supposed to work a 12-hour shift because the Maternity nurse didn’t get a seat on the plane to make it back to Impfondo on time to work her shift. I guess God has other ideas about how I spend my time. 

No comments: