May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Monday 30 October 2017

Life

These days we have been waking up to the sounds of crying children, and going to bed to the sounds of screaming children. Mostly coming from the Pediatric ward, which is not far from our house. Just one of the normal parts of life here.

It has been extremely hot a couple of days this week. Yesterday especially so. In the evening the heat wave finally broke with a torrential rain.

Last night I had cockroaches (the big kind) crawling over me in bed. It was not a nice experience. Today our outdoor toilet was infested with red ants. Where do we go instead??

Annie: “Where did you pee?”
Berta: “In the forest”
(Actually she was right outside the front door)

This morning I taught Sunday school. It was a madhouse. 30-40 unruly kids. Actually that is an exaggeration. They are not ALL unruly. Only ten or fifteen of them. Anyway, it was a challenge - as usual. I am glad I don’t do this every week.

This afternoon we had lots of kids over. They colored and played soccer and watched a movie and made a mess. I love children. 


We see lots of suffering here, but every day I wake up and remind myself to be thankful for God’s goodness. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you! Skype?