May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Sunday 29 October 2017

Berta

I think I made a new friend. 


Recently our financial director’s family moved up from Brazzaville to join him here in Impfondo. Now they are living at the “Blue House” which is the house nearest the hospital entrance. They have three children - Julbert, Annie and Berta. 

Berta, who immediately took a liking to me, is almost four years old and talks non-stop. She mostly speaks French, but some Lingala and sometimes a funny mixture. We had their family over for dinner the other night and she loved being at my house. Mostly because of the opportunity to color and play with a toy elephant. She cried when they had to leave - but I assured her she could come back soon. 


We had a nice evening with them and I think it’s going to be great having them as neighbors here at the hospital. Berta has already proved to be an endless source of entertainment and laughter.

Today the children came over again, and we had an adventure chasing chickens and trying to catch them all to trim their wings. (They keep flying out). Eventually we got most of the wings clipped. The kids also played games and colored inside the house.

When it was time to go, Berta, with her mixture of French and Lingala, protested enthusiastically. Esther actually had to carry her home crying while the older two children followed. I promised her she could come again tomorrow. 

I think there might be tears at each departure.