May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 8 September 2017

Justine

Through the weeks I have been able to watch this young girl heal physically and emotionally and today she and her family went home. 

From crying uncontrollably and refusing to talk - to interacting with everyone, laughing and talking to us all, the transformation has been beautiful. 

Their family has it harder than most. The dad has never come around in the months they have been here. With four other children besides Justine, no money for hospital bills, an absent husband and ragged clothes, this mom has always had a smile on her face and a cheerful spirit. 

One Sunday morning she stood up in chapel and publicly praised the Lord for the healing He has done in Justine's life. All her words were full of thanksgiving. I was overcome and cried at the glory of God here on earth.

Justine leaving is bittersweet. She will live with the terrible scars for the rest of her life, but her spirit is much recovered and her joy has returned. We are thankful.

Since we live right next to the post-op wards (which is where she was), it was kind of like family members moving away. Justine, Apo, Louise, Aretsia and Martha were like little siblings. They came over all the time and we spent so many hours doing physical therapy and games with Justine and the rest of them. They also often joined in my sessions with the other teenage girls, and Justine spent many happy hours with crayons and coloring books in my living room. I miss her already, but I am so joyful that God miraculously healed her.


3 comments:

John Barry said...

"I was sick and you cared for me...."

Unknown said...

Miss you, Kate.

Unknown said...

Miss you, Kate.