May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 23 June 2017

Welcome Home to Congo

I am so happy to be here. In so many ways it is like coming home. I have waited to so long for this….and after getting here I realized how everyone else was waiting too. Everyone here at the hospital has made me feel very welcome. By “everyone” I mean all the hospital staff - most of whom are local Congolese people. Even the people who started working at the hospital after I left welcomed me with much excitement. Apparently I got even more popular while I was away. 


Chapel this morning was fun. I got to see so many old friends and they were so joyful and excited to see me. It was the loudest visitor welcome I’d ever heard in chapel. I spent most of the morning running errands around the hospital and greeting people. I am tired but very happy and thankful.

Some beautiful children I met on my way home today

4 comments:

Margaret Barry said...

Thanks so much for posting, Kate! It's so great to see pictures of everyone!

Unknown said...

Smiling big!

Unknown said...

Smiling big!

ARP said...

Wow so happy for you! I'm glad you received such a warm welcome upon returning to your second home. I hope we can skype soon. Let me know!