May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Back in Impfondo

Well, we made it to Impfondo safe and sound! The trip went well. Although quite sleep deprived, everyone is feeling great, except for me. I was quite sick before leaving home and am just now feeling better, but I have a lingering cough. Please pray that it will go away soon!


We were able to bring about half of our luggage up from Brazzaville on the plane. The rest of it will come up by boat on the river in a few weeks. Hopefully it will be here soon, because most of the extra supplies are in those bags.

Some pictures for your enjoyment:

We took a walk down town and went to the large market. It was crowded but fun. Rebecca, who is a teacher from Hong Kong, joined us. In this picture they are discussing the Chinese sign one of the guys spotted.

Eating a meal together at the guesthouse in Brazzaville. Dr. Noe made it over from Kinshasa for a three day visit and he came to see Dr. Loes. Hopefully he will be joining us in Imfondo soon.

While in Brazzaville we got to visit friends and I introduced my sisters and Arwen to my “adopted” family who now live in the capital. We also met up with Dr. Loes, who is an internal medicine doctor from Arizona, and Rebecca, a teacher from Hong Kong. They traveled with us up to Impfondo.Helena, who is my adopted little sister
































Esther and my friend Talia who helps run the guest house:

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so happy you've all arrived safely. You all look so happy. Praying that you have great memories and God uses all of you in a very real way. Miss Cindy

Unknown said...

Rejoicing with all of you!

Unknown said...

Rejoicing with all of you!