May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 27 September 2013

Rain, Coffee and New Babies

It was a rainy day and we were locked down in the Bloc for the whole of it with plenty of surgeries. I had spent an interesting night in maternity with a lady who was two weeks past her due date, wasn't progressing in labor and had high blood pressure. She ended up in the Bloc in the morning.

After a long day (and I mean a LONG day) in the Bloc…Jessica and I made a stop by Salle de Urgence to give the nurse an update on two of the post-op patients who were there for recovery.
So, to sum it up briefly: Power went out in the night, phones stopped working, not one, but TWO C-sections in the morning, "no sleep" the night before, no breakfast, left my key at the mission and had to bike home and then come back. No lunch, but I brought coffee and cookies for the Bloc team after work, left my bike out in the rain, almost missed my ride home...it was quite a day.

5 comments:

Abby said...

Sounds like you have had some pretty crazy/busy days lately! Love you!

Esther Barry said...

Kate you are super awesome! I love and miss you.

Sarah Grace said...

Kate, you are an amazing woman. Sometimes I read your blog and I just go, "Oh la di da, Kate has it so much harder than me, she is so cool, I miss her..." and then, every once in a while, I just sit here and cry. You are an example of a poured-out life to me, and the Lord convicts/encourages me through you. Also, thanks for never "beautifying" your posts... the raw honestness is very precious.

Mother said...

Sarah is the only one with the right words sometimes!

Mother

Libby Dowell said...

You are a testimony, Kate.
May God continue to bless you and pour out his grace on you.