May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Monday 27 May 2013

This is Africa

Some Quotes

"Don't choke on a fish bone or I'll have to amputate your neck."

"It said: 'log off or switch personalities.'"

"Well, looks like we won't have to do a C-section after all. The baby pulled it's arm back."
"It must have been bitten by a mosquito."


“I woke up in the night and heard the tractor running, and I thought, ‘oh, they must be in the O.R.’”

 “Around here it’s: ‘speak French or don’t speak.’”

“See, I have long legs. It’s just my torso that’s short. I would be tall if it weren’t for the shortness.”

“Wake up, it’s a busy day! We have things to do and eggs to lay!”

“I was devastated… I liked it as a boy!”

“I opened this door and a lizard nearly fell on my head!”

"It is a Great Thinker." (in reference to a computer)

 “Be careful not to cut yourself with that knife, because then you’ll need a doctor, and they’re hard to find around here.”

“I just want to warn you; that baby is not wearing a nappy!”

"It is quite funny eating all by myself."

"He has kids in France, kids in Brazzaville, kids in Point Noirre..." 
"Apparently he wants kids in Impfondo, too. That's why he wants to marry YOU." 

"You should eat this quickly. It expires.....three weeks ago."

1 comment:

Abby said...

Haha! Those are really funny! Thanks so much for posting faithfully!