May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Sunday 22 October 2023

Aravis Leanna

She’s 1 year old today! What a year it has been! We find ourselves doing a lot of the same things we were doing just about this time last year; adjusting to a new baby, losing sleep and remembering to be thankful despite many challenges.
Aravis is a beautiful little girl with a sweet personality. She made it through her first year which is a big deal for kids in Congo. We celebrated with balloons and a little bread cake (thanks for Papa for getting these things).
It’s not been an easy year for us, but almost every time I look at Aravis I am reminded of God’s mercy in letting us keep her a little while longer. At one week old she nearly died of neonatal sepsis, and here she is one year old and doing just fine. We are so thankful.

No comments: