May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Sunday 9 April 2023

Happy Resurrection Sunday

I woke up on Easter Sunday morning and it seemed like every other morning, but I wanted it to be different, to seem special and exciting. So after feeding the baby I made little Easter baskets for the girls and then made myself coffee. It didn’t help.
As I stirred my coffee, I thought about how there was no ham, or scalloped potatoes, or friends and family to gather with for a special meal. But of course that’s not really the main point of Easter and we all know that. So I started thanking God for everything He did, and then I realized something important that was missing.
I turned on the speaker and played the Easter Song by 2nd Chapter of Acts and suddenly the sun was shining and I saw Father in the kitchen and heard many childrens’ voices saying “He is risen indeed!” And I was filled with joy.
You could call it emotions or memories of Easters past, or nostalgia and sentimentality, but it made the morning suddenly seem like Easter Sunday, despite the lack of family, cream puffs and ham. The right attitude combined with the right kind of music can change a lot.
Later in the morning we got dressed up for church and I took some pictures of our beautiful children.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Thank you for sharing that Kate. The Lord is Risen Indeed!