May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Monday 3 January 2022

Some new year planning

On January 1st, Orcxance and I sat down and brain stormed about how to organize and plan our “outreach” to the children this year. We have several people who contribute funds to help us give to those in need, and we wanted to come up with a specific plan for the year to make it easier to keep track of everything.
We settled on choosing one thing each month to do for the kids in our community, wrote it down in a notebook, and I’m going to try to be faithful to post on my blog about it each month so those who give have a way of seeing some of the ways their money is used. That way, if I don’t get an individual thank you to each person, you all can check here! (You know who you are)
We mapped out the whole year, but here’s an example of the first few months: January: new shoes for all the kids who don’t have shoes. That’s this month, and I went to the market today and got the flip-flops
February: a big meal of chicken and rice. March: pens and a notebook for each child. April: toothbrushes and toothpaste. May: new (used) clothing for the kids with really ruined clothes.
These things are IN ADDITION to our weekly coloring and game days, Bible lessons, etc. We will repeat a couple of the things (like the meals) and then do our annual kids Christmas party at the end of the year (assuming we won’t be traveling to the US this year, although we still hope to if possible.) Sometimes Molly escapes with only her shirt...Happy New Year!

No comments: