May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Tuesday 10 August 2021

Caleb

Caleb is a little bit like The Cat Who Walked by Himself. He comes and goes usually without anyone noticing or caring. He hangs around as long as he feels like it and then moves on. He is not a kid magnet; meaning that when he comes he comes alone, which is highly unusual around here.
When Caleb stops by our house, he likes to play with the toy cars. He can spend hours here without his mother or anyone else coming to look for him. His father is around somewhere (we see him occasionally) but I don’t think his parents live together.
Like many of the children around us, he is a boy "without a future," and without hope. That sounds dismal. It is. This is the reality of life around us. But we have to think about why we are here! Is it for Caleb? And the other children? What can we show him that won't perish? I would remind you, whoever you are, that you can pray for him. The Lord Jesus is able and powerful to give him a future and a hope.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Thank you for sharing! I will pray for Caleb.