May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Saturday 26 June 2021

Modern conveniences home tour

Since I have a foot in both worlds, sometimes I feel like I'm roughing it or toughing it, but in reality, most people don't get this kind of luxury.
Our refillable "sink" for handwashing is a real nice contraption. Just dump clean water into it and dump out the dirty water from the bucket down below.
That burner is where we have been doing all our cooking the past two months. It's a bit of a downgrade from the setup we had before but it will be modified when Eileen starts moving.
Our one water source, which is currently off unfortunately. This is where we get water for washing dishes, clothes and baths. We haul in drinking water in our car from farther away.
My "dryer" is a good old fashioned clothesline rig-up in our yard. I have a love-hate relationship with those hot sunny days...
Our most luxurius luxury is, of course, our fridge:
and the pantry shelf would be a close second. This also serves as dish storage. To date, we only own one breakable dish, which we don't use anymore. Everything is metal or plastic. We never break anything! Molly loves helping and knows how to put dishes away on the bottom two shelves which she has permission to access.
And last but not least, my dish washing station:

1 comment:

Molly said...

Good to see all the appliances!