May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Thursday 3 October 2019

Chickens

Orcxance bought some chickens for us. I am very happy about this! We can’t manage goats here in town, otherwise he probably would have gotten me goats too. But our little yard is just right for a few chickens, and now we will have eggs!

The hen laid one the very first day. I was impressed seeing has her feet had been tied together, it had been a stressful day for her, and there was a very hard rain. The chickens are tough just like the people.

The chickens have made up for my great animal loss when I left Impfondo. I had asked my neighbor to please give my chickens to Orcxance so he could leave them with my sister-in-law along with our goats, but she refused and instead sold every last one of them. She got a good price for them too, I might add.

I had about 10 chickens, 4 ducks, 2 guinea fowl and 3 goats. We only managed to save the goats and the guinea fowl.

But now we have chickens again. They haven’t been stolen or eaten by dogs yet. So far so good.

1 comment:

Zainab Gul said...

BUT...BUT...BUT...the BABY! You just had your very own REAL LIVE BABY and you're rambling on about CHICKENS?

I am happy for you on account of both acquisitions, though.