May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Monday 23 September 2019

life around here

Occasionally a baby is brought to us, usually so we can entertain him/her while mom is busy with something else. Sometimes we voluntarily go looking for a baby. 


Recently our neighbors put on a party for the kids who passed their school exams. I was commissioned to make lots of paper signs to help decorate with - here is a photo of four of them. But there were many more I didn’t get pictures of. 


Smoked fish in a basket. Some friends came from the village bringing several baskets of fish to sell in town. They spent the night with us, fussy baby and messy toddler in tow. I had quite a bit of cleaning to do after they left.


Mancala - I have taught some of the neighbor ladies to play mancala, which they very much enjoy. It is similar to a Congolese game they already know.

No comments: