May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Thursday 29 August 2019

“No More Hand-Sewn Clothes!”

We found a little sewing shop nearby our house and about 1 Saturday a month I go there and sew. The owner is a little old man who is kind enough to let me use one of his two machines, as long as it’s on the weekend and his employees are away. 


I have enjoyed designing and making several little girl/baby girl outfits. Some are for gifts, and some are to keep for our little one.


Before we found the sewing shop, I tried sewing by hand, thinking I could follow my older sister’s methods - but I didn’t have the patience, or the tiny stitches, to make it work. I soon gave up and waited for an opportunity to use a machine. 


That opportunity soon came, and now I can happily machine-sew as the need arises. I usually do my designing and cutting at home, and then bring a bag of projects along with me to the shop.



P.S. Bonus points to the first one to guess where the quote is from

1 comment:

Katie Hurt said...

Can't wait to see your little girl in these cute outfits, Kate!♥️