May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 8 February 2019

The Fish

Our friend Andreas came to visit and brought us fish from Brazzaville. Orcxance spent quite a bit of time cleaning and preparing the fish for me to cook. When he decided it was time to cook them, I did. While they were sizzling in the pot with all the seasoning I had added, the flies started to come. Dozens and dozens of flies got into our house and buzzed around the pot and the window above it. Flies inside the house and more flies outside clinging to the window screen. When the fish was finally done cooking, Orcxance tried it. “It’s spoiled,” he said. 

I couldn’t help wondering how he hadn’t known earlier - based on the smell…? Or maybe all the flies…? 


Unfortunately his poor wife lacks a sense of smell, so it is up to him to watch out for rotten food and keep both of us from suffering from food poisoning, diarrhea or worse. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

😕

Abby said...

Oh no!! All that work for nothing. I'm sorry!