May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Wednesday 9 January 2019

House Improvements

We now have a table for cooking and storing things, since it has a shelf underneath. We can cook and prepare food while standing up, which is really nice and I think might help eliminate some of the back pain I have been experiencing from all the floor meal prep and other kitchen related activities.




















We also have a sink now, pictured below. Our water filter survived the trip from Impfondo with only a few broken parts which we repaired. We recently acquired a second cooking pot, which has made my life easier. 


A little plastic shelf for the kitchen has also proved quite useful. I bartered for this at a WestAf shop and walked away with a better price than my husband was expecting we would get. The majority of our food and dishes are off the floor now!



Our most luxurious improvement is probably the refridgerator. Now we don’t have to buy food every day; we can store things. We also have the advantage of drinking cold water, making “iced” coffee, lemonade or the occasional cold soda (we don’t normally buy it but our neighbors are very generous in the juice and soda department.)

No comments: