May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Tuesday 5 June 2018

Just a peep

Well, I think it’s about time for some more quotes…These might be a look through a small window into my messy and complicated life…

“Look at Kate, she’s half asleep and her eyes are all swollen.” -Mama L

“Be quiet. There is nothing bad.” -Papa G

“I only said her name once and she was at the door.” -Celeste

“Kate, in your village are there unicorns?”

"If he ever decides to do something else I think Gaspard could have a career as a comedian."

"Oh that dent is from where a horse stepped on it." -A

“What happened to you??”

“First thing, I didn’t need additional children. Second thing, I don’t know how to take care of twins.”

"I am gonna split you in half."

“Is the King of the Guards Rwandan?” -Bouan

“It smells like people in a cemetery.” -Mervedy

Mervedy: “If I came to your house your mom would kick me out.”
Me: “Why?”
Mervedy: “Because I can’t speak English.”

"You guys have problems."

"Kate's not a white person."

“You are just trying to complicate things when they are so good.” - Papa G

Me: "How many times did they wake you up last night?"
Papa G: "Twice for the generator and once for gas."

"Where do you think you're going?!"


The following are some wise words from Benonie, who is now talking a lot! This gives you a glimpse into the world of an almost-two-year-old, and a bit of my life from her perspective.

“I’m gonna hit you.” 

"Leave me alone!"

“Kate, look! your baby doll’s eyes are rotten.”

“I’m never coming over again.”

“I need to pee!”

“Leave Kate alone and let her sleep.”

“Knock knock, let me in.”

"Who is this?"

“Are you cooking? Are you cooking? ARE YOU COOKING?”