May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Monday 28 May 2018

The chicken

I was given a chicken the other day, but it is not just any chicken, but a badly injured one, in need of a long recovery and lots of care. Upon receiving this gift, the immediate issue seemed to be dehydration and starvation. The poor chicken had been on a long journey and had not eaten anything or drunk water in four days. I started by slowly coaxing her to drink water and eat a few bread crumbs. 

The next major issue is probably related to the accident she suffered - falling off the back of a motorcycle (which was going at high speed). It seems as it one of her legs is broken, or at least paralyzed. This may or may not be due to the accident, but she is unable to walk. 


I have kept her in the house because I know if I leave her outside the other chickens (and possibly other people) will probably kill her within a few hours. She is getting much better and able to stand up now, but still not properly walking. I'm hoping for the best.

Mama Sarah came in last night, took a look at the chicken sitting in a bowl on the floor. 

"Well, Kate's always up to something!"

1 comment:

Libby Dowell said...

I'd say she is quite lucky to be in your care :)