May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Wednesday 16 May 2018

Mervedy

“If you had a TV you could watch football games that are happening in your village.” 

Mervedy recommends that I purchase a TV. Maybe he thinks it would help me not be homesick…or at least provide the encouragement and entertainment of watching sports based in America. I have never really been a big sports fan. He thinks a TV would be just the thing. I have no such need or desire. When I watch movies, I do so on my computer, and that works fine. I did not grow up with a TV and I am not really accustomed to one. What would I do with it?

“Kate, if I go to the market I will look for shoes for your baby doll to wear.” 

He noticed the baby doll is missing shoes. His little sister Benonie loves playing with the baby doll, who normally wears a onesie, but now has the addition of a hat, since the girls made too many premie hats, I donated one to the doll. Now apparently all she needs are shoes.

Mervedy: “I wish I could cut off my ears and eat them.”
Kate: “Why!?”
Mervedy: “Because I’m hungry.”

Who ever would come up with such ideas? When the hunger pains started to gnaw at my stomach, ears would have been one of my last choices of food possibilities. Yet Mervedy and his remarkable imagination, and the curious things he says….Ears seem to be the top choice.

“Kate when you go back to your village, you can leave your garden to me. I will take good care of it.”

Okay son. I’ll do just that. 

“I walked home from school by myself. Don’t worry. I stuck to the main roads.”


This child provides an endless source of entertainment. 

3 comments:

Faith Barry said...

Those are great! Thanks for sharing! I miss Mervedy!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to meet him!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to meet him!