May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Thursday 3 May 2018

Cockroaches

The cockroaches found my laundry basket and decided it was a good place to start a family. They have given birth by the dozens. 

Massive cockroaches are a part of life here; not something I have been able to make friends with but something I can tolerate. Some mornings I wake up to find I have drowned a few in a bowl of dirty dishes and soapy water. Other times they get the better deal by pooping in my water pitcher, my cup and escaping a watery grave.

They fly around the house when it’s dark - you can hear them at night. As soon as the lights are out, they come forth in large numbers. They are impossible to catch, being much too fast, and they leave a mess especially on the kitchen shelves and anywhere clothing is.


Cockroaches are just a part of life here; there is no hope of avoiding them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am bringing cockroach hotels!

Abby said...

Excited to experience life with cockroaches....;)