May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 9 February 2018

Bakandi Market

I went with “The Guys” to the Bakandi market the other day, and actually got some pictures. I almost never take pictures in the market because it’s a touristy kind of thing to do, and sometimes people don’t like it, but since I was already with two other white people - and since they were both men no one was bothering me, I took the opportunity to take some photos so you all can see a little of what it looks like.


Palm nuts, which are crushed to make oil which is used for cooking

Dishes, machetes, brooms, a lantern…whatever you could possibly need

Seasoning, onions and peppers

Broiled fish

Soap and oil for sale

A little guy enjoying a special treat

There are endless clothing shops with a wide variety of cheap clothing, beautiful fabric and other odds and ends


Corn, beans, coffee and other random things

2 comments:

Faith Barry said...

Great market photos, Kate! It reminds of conspicuously perusing in search of "lanyards."

ARP said...

Glad you’re feeling better! Thank you for the fun market tour.