May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Sunday 14 January 2018

You Can Hear Them Coming

Well the Siafu invaded again last night. I didn’t hear them coming (yes you can hear them when awake) and I didn’t wake up till they were starting to bite me. Then I woke up real fast, and I could hear them crawling all over my bedroom - so I got out and found them all through the living room too. 

The smaller ants were thick on the walls - they were running from the Siafu. The spiders and cockroaches had all come out of hiding as well - knowing their lives were in danger.

I put on my clothes, poured some kerosine around on the floor, grabbed my keys and escaped. It was 2am.

The only place to go to spend the rest of the night was Maternity. This meant waking Charnelle up and asking for refuge. She welcomed me and helped me find a mosquito net and a blanket to cover up the very uncomfortable bed where we do prenatal checkups. She offered me the other bed, where she had been sleeping, but I would not have it. 

We settled back down for the night and there were no interruptions or ladies coming in during the night. 


I slept a little off and on until about 5:30 am, and then I headed home. The ants were gone - all except for the dead ones in pools of kerosine. I made some coffe and commenced to cleaning up. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you for real?

Zainab Gul said...

Do you realize that you persist in spelling kerosene the French way as you relate your Siafu adventures?