May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Quotes

(some left anonymous intentionally to protect the guilty. Others are translated from Lingala.)
“There’s a goat in Maternity!” -Liliane

Kate: You don’t think the party went well?
Hannah: “Well the fact that it started three and a half hours later than it was supposed to is kind of funny.”

“I’m trying to think of my gains and losses.. I can’t do Lingala right now!” -Kate

“Girl, I never use a sim card; how would I know?” - Hannah

“Unless you could come at it from a different angle and convince them that you’re national… it wouldn’t really work.” - Hannah

“We’re not Job…We don’t have diseases.”

“Hannah was pregnant with twins the other day.”

“Why is your bike so bad? I nearly ran it into the theater earlier.” - Dr. Paul

“You’re like a goat gynecologist, so you would know better than me.”

“Once you have a baby, then you won’t get sick as much, because you share half the sickness with the baby.” 

“If I die will you cry for me and drink coffee?” - Adonai

“It’s like when you go into one of the wards at night…and all you see is mosquito nets and bodies.” -Hannah

“Marie Rose, Rufin and Rapunzel were here today and they let the animals in.” -Urbain

“Kate’s first child will be a boy and she’ll name him Boniface.” - Boniface 

“I’m in Maternity with the older sister of the Princess Who Got Lost.” -Urbain

“Girl, I take prenatal vitamins every day.” -Hannah

“Morning. Good, I will do that. Thanks.”

“Yeah people would appreciate it. Stick it up in Pediatrics.” -Hannah

“Twice today I asked these ladies “how old are you?” and they looked at their husbands and asked, how old am I?” - Esther

“That makes two for minimal fish.” - Dr. Paul

“Kate, you’re getting fat and pretty.” - Boniface

“He had a pursed stomach.”

“Why is the interpreter not talking?” 

“Dr. Thorpe wants your parents’ phone number.” - Charles


“It’s your fault I’m pregnant. You talked about it too much.”

2 comments:

Libby Dowell said...

these are good...thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So much humor in them there bones!