May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Saying goodbye

Esther and Hannah have been here with me since June and it has been wonderful having them here with me. I don't even have the words to express what they mean to me and how much they have encouraged me and helped me and given me grace on the worst days. 
We have all been through a lot together.


We've laughed a lot together, debriefed with each other about so many things, had "movie nights" and adventures with lizards, spiders and ants, fun times at the river, cooking experiments, bucket showers and much more. These past six months have been quite an adventure!

Esther with Koumou, one of my teenagers

With the surgery team: Boniface, Marie Rose, Urbain and Rufin

Hannah walking to church with the Kimwanga kids, Adonai, Mervedy and Benonie, on our last Sunday together.

Hannah and Mama Clotilde, the hospital secretary

Hannah and Mama Anne, our neighbor, mom and provider of great food

Esther and Belsia, another of my teenage girls. Esther helped teach them how to crochet.

 With Berta and Benonie, two of our favorite little girls

Esther and Marie Rose got to be great friends!

Hannah and Celeste, one of the nurses

Going away gathering with the staff at the hospital cafeteria

3 comments:

Faith Barry said...

Wow. Kate, Hannah, Esther, Urbain, Marie Rose, Rufin, Boniface a.k.a. the coolest people ever. I can't believe Esther and Hannah have left....And I can't believe I got a taste of Congo and got to know those incredible people. Bon Voyage!

Unknown said...

Pain and joy

Unknown said...

Pain and joy