May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 10 November 2017

You Visited Me

If a person gets sick, and that person has friends, then they will most surely come to visit. Over the last few days of being sick I have had many visitors. When I am sick I normally like to hide in my room until I am mostly better, and then venture out, but here that is not how it is done. 

Everyone has to make sure you are okay. 

My midwife friend called me several times, and came over twice, another nurse friend stopped by, called me and texted me; she wanted to make sure I didn’t have malaria. The radiologist and janitor stopped by, another friend brought me eggs, (which was one of the only things I felt like I could eat), the nursing supervisor prescribed medicine for me and called to make sure I was still alive. :) 

My next door neighbors came to see me, and make sure I was all right. Then my other neighbors came, and my friend Esperence sat with me and prayed for me and we had a nice talk. Some of my teenage girls came over and I laid on the couch and talked with them. When I ventured out into the hospital to get some lab tests done, everyone in the hospital already knew I was sick. They all wanted to make sure I was taking medicine, and not getting wet in the rain, and eating enough.

Having lots of visitors may be inconvenient at times, but it means that you will most surely not die without everyone knowing about it. And I thought about it some more, and realized that my people here are showing me real love… 


“I was sick and you visited me….”

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, so different then in the states where we avoid sick people like the plague. It's comforting to know that you are surrounded by people who love you in times of need.

John Barry said...

And very different from our home, where we encourage the sick person to hide in her room--and we don't seek.

Unknown said...

♡♡♡

efbarry said...

Maybe the Lord allowed you to get sick just so you could write that blog post...
thank you!
(We're still praying for you to get completely well!)