May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 24 November 2017

Twins again: Kate and Abigail

I did my first twins delivery this week! Well, not my first, but the first one where I delivered both babies myself. The mom came in completely ready to have the babies and I got there just in time. I was working triage because we are short on nurses, but they called me to maternity.

The first baby was born head first and the second one was breech, but came out with no trouble. It all happened pretty fast and there was so much to do thankfully one of the midwives was there with me and helped a lot.

The second baby needed some resuscitation and a shot of epi but within a few minutes she was breathing on her own and doing well. The mom asked me to name them, and she wanted one after me, so I named the first baby Kate and the second one Abigail, after one of my sisters. After the babies were born I spent the next hour getting the babies dressed, quietly talking with the mom and helping her feed the babies. It was probably the best hour of the week.

Here is Abigail, about an hour old:

Marie and I with her new babies:


I was pretty excited about my first set of twins!