May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Thursday 23 November 2017

In our team meeting yesterday afternoon, we had a discussion about whether Thanksgiving was this Thursday or next, and when we should celebrate it and have our team meal together. We had decided on Saturday for the meal, but the rest of the team was able to convince me that Thanksgiving was next week, not this week. 

Our group consisted of two Congolese, a Canadian, a Rwandan, two Indians and five Americans. Wow. Still we didn’t seem to get it right. I should have held my ground.

There was a lively discussion about what kind of food we would cook, and who would bring what…and what kinds of food people wanted. No real Thanksgiving food is available here, but one of the visitors from Kansas brought stuffing and instant mashed potatoes.

I woke up this morning and couldn’t even remember what day it was. It was just another day at the hospital, really. No special activities or food. Maybe next year.


Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to everybody! Enjoy your good food and be thankful.

1 comment:

John Barry said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!