May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 3 November 2017

Flood


We have had so much rain lately…everything is soaked - and it’s hard to dry anything out. 

There’s no dry diapers in Maternity, the roof leaks in three places and everything is muddy. At home our ceiling leaks in two places now, instead of just one. But we have a mostly dry house…so many people are not so lucky. 

All around town peoples’ houses have been flooded and belongings ruined. Even here in the hospital our missionary accountant, Mama Melanie, and her sister’s house has been seriously flooded. They are in the process of moving to a different house. The eye clinic is in the middle of a swamp, and there’s water covering the floors.


I stayed wet all day today!

Like I said, it's hard to dry anything out...Here are Hannah's soaking wet clothes

After the rain, a small child venturing out of Pediatrics


A large tree just outside the hospital was struck by lighting and it is splintered. Last night one of the midwives, who saw it happen, was telling me about the event. She described it very dramatically to anyone who would listen...I’m glad that no one was injured.