May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Thursday 28 September 2017

Beautiful Rain

Today I woke up early enough to do laundry, but the sun didn’t come out, and as soon as I hung the laundry up to dry, I took it back in. Within a few minutes it was raining. 

I think I know what it’s like to be a wet, cold rag. Today it rained almost non-stop. But unfortunately I couldn’t just stay int he house and be cozy. I kept getting called to administration for different things. It is so inconvenient being a key holder. A key holder may sound simple but it actually can be very frustrating, confusing and definitely not convenient. 

Anyway, back to feeling like a wet rag. I had lent my umbrella to one of the girls and hadn’t seen it since. Having an umbrella is a luxury but it really helps on days like these.

The rest of the day was spent doing random errands and jobs that I get to do when I’m not officially working « at the hospital ». Oh but wait -  I live at the hospital. 

It was a good day overall, but reminded me of how damp and mushy everything always is, and how hard it is to completely dry anything out. 

But I remind myself that I love living in a place that is eternally summer, despite the mildew and mold. And on these days I listen to my rain song, which is called "Beautiful Rain" by Ladysmith Black Mambazo. If you haven't heard it, you should listen to it.

Just don’t sit still too long or you will most assuredly begin to mold as well.

No comments: