May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Sunday 2 July 2017

The River

We got up early this Saturday morning and went out to the river. We got to row down quite a ways and then walk to the bridge where we had jumped off last time I was here when the water was high.


We found water lilies along the way collected a few to decorate our canoe...

...and make glasses out of the stems.

 On our way back down the river we stopped at the sand bar, got out and looked at the cattle. The cattle are brought down from Chad by herdsmen who make their living selling cattle as they travel the hundreds of miles. When they've sold them all off, they go back to Chad and get more - and start the long journey over again.


It was a beautiful morning on the river - so peaceful and quiet away from all the noise of the town.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful pictures that give us a sense of being there.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful pictures that give us a sense of being there.

Unknown said...

Our family is so enjoying reading and keeping up with you gals! Thank you for posting!!! We are praying for you all!!!

Lauren said...

Reading your blog makes me feel like I'm there. Hopefully I can come visit in the next year 😘