May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 14 July 2017

I came into Maternity at 5am this morning and attended to a mom in labor, while people just outside wailed loudly over the death of one of our premies. I had been in last night to check on him and could tell he wouldn’t survive till the morning. I stayed with the mom in labor for the next few hours, and missed chapel and morning report. 

Esther brought me coffee which was just the right thing.

Around 8:30, I delivered a baby boy who had been in some distress - meconium and the cord around his neck. But we got him rubbed down, breathing and crying within a minute. I was so thankful that everything went smoothly. 

Life here can be such a roller coaster. One minute something awful is happening, and the next minute there’s something joyful.

Just like today. One mom pushed out a healthy baby while the other mom left the hospital with a dead child in her arms. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I could sit with you right now sipping coffee quietly. I am with you in spirit.

Unknown said...

Wish I could sit with you right now sipping coffee quietly. I am with you in spirit.

Unknown said...

Bless you, Kate...God bless you tremendously in all you are doing.