May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Monday 26 June 2017

Maternity

Today was my first full day working in Maternite. It was a challenging and slightly frustrating day, but very good over all. We have quite a few premies right now. See twins pictured below:


























The learning curve is very steep. I have to remember what I learned before, in additional to all the new responsibilities I have now as a nurse. It’s exciting but also daunting.

The Maternity and postpartum buildings are a complete mess. It will take weeks of work to get everything cleaned up and in good order. All the rest of my supplies are either still in Brazzaville or in the container which will come on the boat in a month or so. Hopefully.

I did some teaching about breastfeeding and diaper changing, since most of the babies in Maternity right now have diaper rashes from not being changed often enough. Most of the moms haven't been drinking enough water either, so I made sure they each got plenty of water. Even the little things can help.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you!

Unknown said...

Every little thing helps especially with a Kate smile.

Unknown said...

Every little thing helps especially with a Kate smile.

Unknown said...

Praying for you!