May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Thursday 21 November 2013

Thursdays

Woke up early. Carried peanuts, bread and bananas for some of the sick people at the hospital in my bicycle basket. Had a nice ride along the river. Didn't get hit by a motorcycle or a truck. Chapel. Morning report. Two babies born in the night. Food deliveries. Dressing changes. Conversations with friends, families of sick people. Physical therapy. Informal counseling. Errands to run. Walked back and forth in the heat. Don't get sunburned easily thankfully. 4:00 came fast. Day's work finished at the hospital, off on my bike again. House visits in Impfondo Village. Medicines to deliver. Groceries to buy. Little kids waiting for me at home. Coloring pages, dirty feet, cups of water. Dark came quickly. Kids went home. Tomorrow we do it again.

No comments: