May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Friday 26 July 2013

Caterpillar Season

Avocado season may be coming to an end, but caterpillar season is in full swing. I'm not as excited about this type of produce, which can be bought anywhere in the market these days.

When I finish the hospital work, I often stop by my friends' house (they live on the hospital grounds) and hang out for a little while before we head back. Tonight when I got there Helena was starting to cook the main dish...and guess what they were having for dinner?


Yep. You guessed it. One day it's pig tongue and another day it's monkey and today it's big juicy caterpillars.

She says it's very good.





















He says it's not.


Might get a third opinion. 


















We sat around in the outdoor "kitchen" for a while talking and getting bitten by mosquitoes, and then I headed back to catch a ride home in the truck with the others. I'll have to wait for another day to eat caterpillars.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I wonder if they are good or not!?! I have heard both opinions! Make sure you tell me what they taste like when you finely get around to trying them!

Kate said...

I tried one the other night. One of Helena's brothers was watching me and he made faces while he watched me eat it. It wasn't very good!