May I find His joy even in my sorrow and His life in my death. To God be the glory!

Thursday 7 February 2013

Congo

Dear Family and Friends,

As this year begins, thoughts of travel to Africa are once again foremost in my mind. Ever since my three month stay in Tanzania, I have been very interested in returning. I fell in love with the culture and people of East Africa and I feel a burden to serve the poor and share the gospel with those who have not heard.

After much prayer and searching out opportunities for mission work, I found out about a small hospital in northern Congo very much in need of medical volunteers. My medical experience is minimal, but after corresponding with the missionaries there and the doctor who started the hospital, I am confident that there is plenty for me to do! Geographically, this is different from what I was picturing and the languages are mostly unfamiliar to me, but God has worked things out beautifully for me to go there.

All that said, I will be leaving (Lord willing) in April and will be there for at least 6 months. I would very much appreciate your prayers for me as I prepare to go and while I am there. Some specifics for prayer are:
  1. That I would be able to earn the rest of the money I need (about $3,000)
  2. That I would stay healthy during my time serving there.
  3. That adjustments to the culture/language would go smoothly.

I hope the New Year finds you all well. Thank you for your prayers!

Blessings in Christ,

Kate